Staff Advisory Council
Thursday, October 11, 2007
1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Notre Dame Room, Lafortune Center
Present: Mo Marnocha, Amie Davis, Marie Revak, Patricia Smith, Frederick Sonneborn, Kathy Stopczynski, Kevin Jones, Joe Wheeler, Kathy Troth, Barb Wadley, Joy Schosker
Excused: Lori Marsh, Penny McIntire, Sharon Konopka, Diana Singleton, Janice Owens
Unexcused: John Mackowicz
HR Liaison: John Whelan
- Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 1:00 p.m. by Patty Smith.
- Approval of September 13, 2007 Council Minutes
Mo Marnocha made a motion to approve the minutes and Kathy Troth seconded.
- Committee Reviews
The Parking Appeals Committee has held several meetings.
IV. Additional Business
Feedback from Employees on Staff Shuttle
- Some employees stated that on nice days they would not ride the shuttle so that that they could walk.
- B1 and D6 would be two desirable places for pick-up based on employee feedback.
- Snite museum, Corby Hall and the Main Circle would be a desirable drop off for some employees.
- There was a feeling that the noon shuttle should also be expanded to cover more people.
- Winter months will see the biggest demand for the shuttle, based on employee feedback.
Relay for Life
- A clarification was made that the Relay for Life is not being held this fall. The program is being reviewed to determine the best time and format based on the campus schedule of events.
Health Quotient Questionairre
- There was concern expressed by some members of SAC that the Web MD Health Quotient was not confidential and that Notre Dame would get the information and use it against employees. John Whelan reiterated that Notre Dame will not ever have access to individual employee information and that the intent of the HQ is to help people get healthier through awareness and education.
With no further topics to discuss, Mo Marnocha made a motion to adjourn at 2:09 p.m. The motion was seconded by Kathy Stopczynski and passed.