Staff Advisory Council
Thursday, September 13, 2007
1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Notre Dame Room, Lafortune Center
Present: Mo Marnocha, Lori Marsh, Penny McIntire, Amie Davis, Bobbi McMahon, John Mackowicz, Marie Revak, Patricia Smith, Frederick Sonneborn, , Kathy Stopczynski, Kevin Jones, Janice Owens, Joe Wheeler, Kathy Troth, Barb Wadley
Excused: Joy Schosker, Sharon Konopka, Diana Singleton
HR Liaison: John Whelan
- Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 1:21 p.m. by Patty Smith.
- Approval of August 9, 2007 Council Minutes
Kathy Troth made a motion to approve the minutes and Penny McIntire seconded.
- Committee Reviews
The Parking Appeals Committee to meet soon.
SAC will put this link on the website.
IV. Additional Business
United Way Employee Compassion Fund
- Dee Dee Sterling from Human Resources spoke about the United Way Employee Compassion fund. This is the fund created to help Notre Dame employees who find themselves in crisis situations and need financial assistance. The money for the fund comes from Notre Dame employees who contribute to the United Way and designate on their cards that they want 5% of their contribution to go to the Employee Compassion Fund.
- With the United Way campaign about to kick off, Dee Dee wanted to remind people of the Employee Compassion Fund and ask for ways to promote it.
- A committee of Notre Dame employees is established to review all requests for money from the Employee Compassion Fund. The committee includes as SAC representative, Lorie Marsh, as well as several other employees from campus and several members of Human Resources.
- Since the fund started a year ago, there have been 7 requests for funds from employees some have been approved and some have been denied. In all cases, additional guidance and information was provided to assist these individuals.
- Dee Dee asked that any employees who have questions about the Employee Compassion Fund contact her.
Thanks to Bobbi McMahon
- After serving SAC for 10 years, Bobbi McMahon will no longer be a member of the Council. Many thanks to her for her wonderful contributions and commitment to SAC.
ND Staff Shuttle
- Dan Skendzel from Business Operations is reviewing options for expanding the Staff Shuttle to make stops and pick-ups at more locations than the current shuttle.ND Staff Shuttle follow-up
Dan Skendzel spoke with Patty Smith and asked if SAC could provide the following information to him:
- What are the pick up spots most people would want?
- What are the drop off spots most people want?
- SAC representatives will go back to ask their districts these two questions.
With no further topics to discuss, Mo Marnocha made a motion to adjourn at 2:38 p.m. The motion was seconded by Kevin Jones and passed.