Staff Advisory Council
Thursday, September 11, 2008
1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Notre Dame Room, LaFortune Hall
Present: Mo Marnocha, Penny McIntire, Shari Herman Amie Davis, Eric McCartney, Sandy Sarber, John Mackowicz, Marie Revak, Patricia Smith, Diana Singleton, Victoria Chidister, Char-anna Koblick, Joe Wheeler, Kathy Troth, Barb Wadley
Excused: Julie DeBuysser, Kathy Stopczynski, Adele Almaguer, Laura Gerber
Unexcused: Andrew Mason, Sharon Konopka, Frederick Sonneborn
HR Liaison: John Whelan
I. Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 1:00 p.m. by Patty Smith.
II. Approval of August, 2008 Council Minutes
Char-anna Koblick made a motion to approve the minutes with suggested changes, and Kathy Troth seconded.
III. Committee Reviews
The Promotions Committee has looked into running a blood drive this fall, but there is already a sufficient number. The committee is now considering other ideas. One that surfaced was a used cell phone collection.
The final report from the ECDC ad hoc committee is scheduled to be delivered to John Affleck-Graves on September 12, 2008.
Since the last meeting, one request was submitted for funds from the Compassion Fund.
IV. Additional Business
Keri Kei Shibata from NDSP
· Keri Kei Shibata, the new Crime Prevention Officer from NDSP spoke to SAC about her new role and how employees and students should utilize her services.
· Her goal is to improve the ND community’s efforts to work together in preventing crime. In the first few months of her new job, she is making an effort to meet with as many groups on campus to describe her role and her objectives.
· Some of her services include providing safety and security tips to individuals and organizations, addressing solutions to specific safety problems that already exist and long-term planning to avoid potential risks. Her primary goal is to address issues before crimes happen.
· She also coordinates training classes for employees and students such as Rape Aggression Defense (RAD) classes.
· She reminded SAC that NDSP will always provide assistance to employees and students if they are uncomfortable walking alone to and from their cars at night. Simply call with some advance notice.
· All crimes at ND over the last 3 years are listed at NDSP.ND.EDU.
· Keri can be reached at 631-3089 or email@example.com
Staff and Faculty Shuttle
· Some concerns were raised about heavy water leakage on the shuttle when it is raining. This water soaks many seats, forcing passengers to stand. In addition, riders are concerned that the light fixtures fill with water when it rains.
With no further topics to discuss, Mo Marnocha made a motion to adjourn at 2:45 p.m. The motion was seconded by Penny McIntire and passed.