- Home >
- SAC Archives >
- Annual Reports 1997-2013 >
- Annual Reports 2011
Annual Reports 2011
STAFF ADVISORY COUNCIL
Annual Report – 2011
The Notre Dame Staff Advisory Council (SAC) completed its 15th year of existence in 2011. During 2011, SAC held 12 regularly scheduled monthly meetings. In addition, several members of the SAC served on various ad hoc and standing committees, including: SAC Promotions, elections, executive, web-page, parking appeals, parking, compassion fund, benefits, and ECDC. Several of these committees often met after work or on lunch hours. We wish to thank all those SAC members who served on committees. The input generated by their additional effort was invaluable to the various ends of each committee and to the overall function of the Staff Advisory Council.
Promotions of Staff Advisory Council:
· Hacienda Give Back Night April--$154.00 was raised.
· Promote the Compassion Fund through the United Way
Presentations to the Staff Advisory Council:
January: Scott Malpass, VP & Chief Investment Office
· Investment office duties & activites
Denise Murphy, Director Compensation & Benefits
· Pension Plan
Maureen Wildey, Benefits Manager
· YPR (Your Pension Plan)
March: Jeff Korros, UND Security Police
· Faculty/Staff parking issues
April: Lisa Yates, HR Consultant
· Lisa’s role of HR Consultant and her background and experience
May: Matthew Blazejweski, HR Consultant
· Matthew’s role of HR Consultants, his background and experience
June: Maureen Wildey, Benefits Program Manager, HR.
· Review of the Family Medical Leave Act and outlined new procedures with the new vendor Careworks.
July: Denise Murphy, Director, HR.
· Staff Voluntary Early Retirement Incentive Program
August: Sharon Hawkins, HR Consultant
· Sharon’s role of HR Consultant, her background and experience
September: Mike McCauslin, Assistant Director, Risk Management
· Indiana’s regulations surrounding Worker’s Compensation
October: Denise Murphy, Dir. Compliance & Benefits, HR
· Open Enrollment
· ND Wellness Center
John Affleck-Graves, Executive Vice President
· Speak and answer questions
November: Denise Murphy, Dir. Compliance & Benefits, HR
· Dependent verification audit
Kara Palmer, HR Consultant
· Kara’s role of HR Consultants, his background and experience
Recommendations and accomplishments of Staff Advisory Council:
15 added parking spaces for faculty/staff in the D-6 lot along with additional signage and replacement signs.
$154 collected for Relay for Life during Hacienda Night.
Tammy Springer, Char Koblick and Diane Singleton earned their Associate degrees through the ND/Ivy Tech Learning at Work Program.
By-Laws reviewed and update.
Better awareness of the employee Compassion Fund. Automatic 5 percent of donations from the United Way campaign going to the Compassion Fund.
Speed bumps installed in front of Stepan Center.
2 Stop signs added at intersection of Moose Krause Drive and Eddy St. (@ Stadium and MCOB). In addition there was a stop signs added on Eddy St. at the crosswalk on the west side of Legends.
New brand-complying SAC website under construction with the help of The Office of Public Affairs & Communications.
SAC eligibility changed from 6 months of employment to 12 months of employment.
In addition to the above mentioned items the SAC, throughout the year, held many internal discussions regarding topics such as, but not limited to:
· The timing of when the University announces a campus closure due to inclement weather
· Office Depot pricing
· Staff review process and the issue of eNDeavor not being user friendly employee sick time
· Compassion Fund requirement changes
· Protocol for job postings
· Football ticket discount and payment plans
· Maternity leave
· Employee compensation
· Early retirement incentive program
· Short term disability
· Parking issues for custodians (now that they are required to clock in at their buildings rather than the Mason Center)
· Staff opting out of the donation request for the United Way
· Paper checks for Christmas bonuses
As our service to Notre Dame Staff, the SAC committee previewed and had some input on several campus presentations/initiatives regarding topics such as, but not limited to, presentations of ND Benefits, Open Enrollment, and the audit by Aon Hewitt for staff dependents for insurance eligibility.
Ongoing SAC Committees:
Committees with SAC Representation:
Compassion Fund Committee
Patricia Smith, Chair
Jody Klontz, Vice-Chair
Sandy Sarber, Secretary