February Minutes 2012
Staff Advisory Council Minutes
Thursday, February 9, 2012 1:00 p.m.
LaFortune Student Center
Present: Tamara Springer, Jean Rinehart, Sandy Sarber, Jan Solkey, Frederick Sonneborn , Diana Singleton, Joe Negri, James Stevens, Char-anna Koblick ,Adele Almaguer, Joe Wheeler, Kathy Troth, Patty Smith, Kathy Seymour, La Minda Wilson, Alan Seidler, Melanie Brewer, Michele Tharp, Elisa Podrasky
Excused: Janice Tabb, Jody Klontz, Marie Revak
I. Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 1:05 p.m. by Patty Smith
New members were welcomed and SAC members introduced themselves.
# 23 and #12 are the unrepresented districts.
January minutes were reviewed and approved with minor revisions- motion by Kathy Troth with a 2nd by Adele Almaguer
II. Committee Updates and description of assignment for new members:
Nothing to report
20 appeals were reviewed at the 2/9 meeting
Ad Hoc Parking
Nothing to report
Campus wide food drive is going well. February 14 is the final day.
New site is up and running. sac.nd.edu
Thanks to Sandy Sarber for her excellent work on this. Thanks to HR for the funding.
The old site needs to be disabled.
Checking on the status of this information on the HR website. Lori Maurer asked in HR but no information was known.
III. New Business
· Mark Kocovski, Sr HR Consultant was the guest at SAC. Mark discussed his role in HR, his background and how he approaches his work. Mark is the HR Consultant for Student Affairs, Office of Research and various other academic areas. He is leading the HR Consultant team on an interim basis since former director, Sarah Misener, has left HR to assume a new role on campus. Mark took questions from SAC.
· The SAC annual report was reviewed and approved with minor revisions. 1st by Char Koblick with a 2nd by Diana Singleton
· A picture of SAC members was taken at the end of the meeting and each representative received a copy of the employees in their district.
· SAC thanked Adele Almaguer for her service and wished her a happy retirement.
IV. Additional Business
· A question was raised about the dependent audit and if employees had to turn in verification if they only had vision insurance. Lori investigated and the verification is needed only for the medical plan.
· A concern was raised about the contraceptive issue and the federal government policy that is facing religious organizations. The University is working through the situation with diligence.
· A member said there was a rumor that the early retirement incentive would be offered again. This is an unsubstantiated rumor.
· There was a brief discussion on the towing policy for NDSP. It will be clarified for the next meeting. On the parking topic, it was stated that the Bookstore lot will be expanded to provide more parking for staff.
· A concern was raised about Building Services employees being asked to provide a doctor’s note if they did not come to work on Monday after the Super Bowl. Employees were encouraged to speak to department leadership and the HR Consultant.
Motion to adjourn at 2:30 p.m. from Adele Almaguer and a 2nd by La Minda Wilson.