Staff Advisory Council
Thursday, February 15, 2007
1:00 – 3:00 p.m., G01 Flanner Hall
Present: Maureen Marnocha, Penny Mcintire, Jennifer Ihns, Christy Miller, Bobbi McMahon, Joy Schosker, Marie Revak, Patricia Smith, Frederick Sonneborn, Diana Singleton, Kathy Stopczynski, Kevin Jones, Kathy Troth, Joe Wheeler,
Excused: Lorie Marsh, Paul Hendershott, George Young, Paula Muhlher
Unexcused: John Mackowicz, Sharon Konopka, Peggy VanKirk, MaryEllen Fetherolf
HR Liaison: John Whelan
- Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 1:00 p.m. by Kathy Stopczynski.
- Approval of January 11, 2007 Council Minutes
With noted changes, Joy Schosker made a motion to approve and Diana Singleton (second).
- Committee Reviews
Kathy Stopczynski gave an overview of each committee so that new SAC members could decide if they would be interested in participating on a committee.
The Promotions Committee has the most urgent need for members. This will be handled in the March meeting. Joy Schosker has agreed to handle the SAC website. Christy Miller will assist Joy with this until Joy is fully up to speed.
IV. Additional Business
- Welcome New SAC Members: Kathy Stopczynski welcomed the new members to SAC following the recent elections: Joe Wheeler, Marie Revak, Paula Muhlher and Amie Davis
- Annual Report: The SAC by-laws require the SAC leadership to complete an annual report in the beginning of each calendar year. Kathy Stopczynski distributed this year’s report and walked through it with the SAC members present.
- ND Voice Survey: Over the next month or two, results of the ND Voice Survey will be communicated to staff and administrators across campus. More specific dates for these meetings will be forthcoming.
- SAC Brochures: A question was posed about whether SAC brochures are being distributed at New Employee Orientations sessions. John Whelan agreed to look into this and make sure that the brochures were being distributed.
- Social Security #’s: A SAC member raised a concern that the Office of Institutional Research requires Social Security #’s on all faculty Teacher Course Evaluation (TCE) forms, despite the University’s policy to cease use of SSN’s on all paperwork. John Whelan indicated that he would look into this.
- Performance Review Process: Concerns were expressed about the inconsistent use of performance ratings on performance reviews by different supervisors. John Whelan mentioned that the Office of Human Resources was undertaking a review of the whole performance management process on campus and that HR would seek input from SAC and other staff members across campus. John also committed to bring other members of HR to a future SAC meeting to discuss performance management and gather input.
With no further topics to discuss, Penny McIntire made a motion to adjourn at 2:32 p.m. The motion was seconded by Bobbi McMahon and passed.