Staff Advisory Council
Thursday, July 13, 2007
1:00 – 3:00 p.m., 234 Grace Hall
Present: Lori Marsh, Penny McIntire, Paula Muhlherr, Joy Schosker, Patricia Smith, Sharon Konopka, Frederick Sonneborn, Diana Singleton, Kathy Stopczynski, Kevin Jones, Janice Owens, Joe Wheeler, Kathy Troth, Barb Wadley
Excused: Amie Davis, Bobbi McMahon, Marie Revak
Unexcused:Paula Muhlherr, John Mackowicz, Peggy Van Kirk, Paul Hendershott, Mo Marnocha
HR Liaison: John Whelan
- Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 1:00 p.m. by Patty Smith.
- Approval of June 14, 2007 Council Minutes
Diana Singleton made a motion to approve the minutes and Janice Owens seconded.
- Committee Reviews
By-laws Committee SAC members reviewed recommended changes to the by-laws. Sharon Konopka motioned to approve. Kathy Stopczynski seconded.
Parking AppealsThe Parking Appeals Committee met recently and will probably meet again soon.
Promotions Committee SAC members all felt that the picnic went well. The SAC table was very well received with many visitors. The raffle generated hundreds of prizes including soda, books and other gifts.
ECDC The final report from this committee is expected to be presented soon.
Webpage Committee No news.
Compassion FundA recent request came in and is being considered.
IV. Additional Business
- Jeff Korros sent a copy of the questions and answers from his recent meeting with SAC regarding parking at Notre Dame.
- Dan Skendzel has mentioned that he will be willing to answer any questions related to the Shuttle Service. Concerns have been raised by SAC that the shuttle only stops at the Main Building.
- Patty Smith will ask Dan to come to a future meeting and answer questions.
- One SAC member brought forward a question about the process for reporting vacation days and what role HR and Payroll play.
- The Staff Picnic was a great success this year. There was a lot of very positive feedback about adding veggie burgers to the menu. The games and activities were a big hit. The Hawaiian theme was nice touch and employees felt very welcomed when they were greeted at the door. Staff of North Dining Hall were able to attend for the first time and they were very grateful for the opportunity. One suggestion was made that some employees would have preferred sliced or cut fruit rather than whole fruit as it is easier to eat. Another person asked that the brownies be included in the future.
V. AdjournmentWith no further topics to discuss, Penny McIntire made a motion to adjourn at 2:59 p.m. The motion was seconded by Joy Schosker and passed. Respectfully submitted, Human Resources