Staff Advisory Council
Thursday, January 10, 2008
1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
ND Room, LaFortune Center
Present: Mo Marnocha, Laura Gerber, Penny McIntire, Amie Davis, Joy Schosker, Patricia Smith, Marie Revak,
Sharon Konopka, Frederick Sonneborn, Diana Singleton, Kathy Stopczynski, Joe Wheeler, Kathy Troth, Barb Wadley
Unexcused: John Mackowicz, Janice Owens, Kevin Jones
HR Liaison: John Whelan
- Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 1:05 p.m. by Patty Smith.
- Approval of December 13, 2007 Council Minutes
Joy Schosker made a motion to approve the minutes and Amie Davis seconded.
- Committee Reviews
Ballots for the election are due tomorrow, January 11th.
Relay for Life will be held April 25 & 26 on South Quad.
A decision was made in December to grant a gift of some money for someone who was in need.
IV. Additional Business
- Dan Skendzel met with John Affleck Graves and Jim Lyphout regarding the changes to the Staff/Faculty Shuttle.
- Dan mentioned that access to Mason Center and D6 was important, particularly for the 7:00 a.m. shift.
- The recommendation is to use the current buses and open them up to the whole campus rather than exclusively for the Main Building. A loop of campus will offer opportunities for everyone.
- The frequency of the loop will move from every 15 minutes to every 30 minutes to cover the new stops.
- SAC discussed with Dan several ways to communicate this to employees. Ideas included a campus-wide email, posting of the schedule, telling managers, posting on insideND and a possible article in ND Works.
With no further topics to discuss, Mo Marnocha made a motion to adjourn at 2:09 p.m. The motion was seconded by Laura Gerber and passed.